This is a Premium Original Kadai due to its exceptional condition.
- beautiful and original wrought handles and rings
- clean, thick steel riveted plates with prominent rivet structure
- unusual maker's markings (hatchings) on the rim
- this kadai will last a lifetime
- comes with a tudor stand, holi grill, kadai beads, wrought tongs and wire brush
This is a beautiful antique Indian Kadai (cooking bowl) that was handmade anywhere up to 100 years ago by Kadai craftsmen, using traditional tools and techniques. It is made from thick steel plates hand-beaten into shape using concave dollies and then cold riveted together. It has its magnificent original hand-wrought handles and rings, and has beautiful hatching patterns all around the top rim.
As a result, this kadai is a fantastic example, perhaps a 1 in a 100 bowl, the quality of which is hard to come by. It will make a superb centre piece in any garden.
It also comes with a holi grill which is great for cooking and as the centre piece can be removed, you can reload with fuel (lump wood charcoal or logs, mid-cook without having to lift off the entire grill. This also acts as a shelf on which to place a myriad of wonderful cooking accessories, making it perfect for entertaining and alfresco dining.